Procedure is as follows
- Login using the Administrator account to the thinclient and disable write filter
- Set the RAM Drive size to max possible and restart
- Install Citrix Receiver Enterprise msi and skip when asked for url;
- Grab CitrixDesktopLock.msi from XenDesktop installation media
Citrix Receiver and Plug-ins\Windows\Receiver\CitrixDesktopLock.msi
- extract the contents of msi to ICAClient program files directory
msiexec /quiet /a CitrixDesktopLock.msi TARGETDIR=<Directory to extract to>
contents should be as follows
- Add any required root certificate to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities certificate store and trust the citrix web-interface site for both Admin and User accounts
- Set CTX web interface site to include the following settings
- Configured features like HDX Flash redirection, Auto USB pass-through, Audio over UDP, Multi-Stream ICA etc… using GPo template.
Using the Group Policy Object Template to Customize the Receiver
- Install rest of the components like adobe flash, drivers for usb devices (webcam, headset’s …), video/audio codecs etc.
Note: flash updates can be disabled using mms.cfg approach
(UTF-8 text file / Notepad)
- Mount the ntuser.dat of the auto login user account to HKEY_USERS\temp and import the following (reg files attached at bottom)
- Unmount the ntuser.dat of the user account.
- Set the RAM Drive size to default and Enable the write-filter
Set the following reg values to make the Ctrl + Alt + Del pass to the virtual desktop
- "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\AllowMultipleTSSessions" "1" "REG_DWORD"
- "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\LogonType" "1" "REG_DWORD"
Everything is very open with a precise clarification of the challenges.
It was truly informative. Your site is very useful. Many thanks
I have 1 Dell WYSE z90D7
Windows Embedded 7 Standard
I perfromed step 1 and 2
However when i try to install the receiver , nothing happens
The wizard never starts
I even tried installing Adobe reader , but the installer didnt start again.
Is there something i am missing.
Leave a comment